PMEA District 12 Scholarships
- District 12 will award three scholarships to high
seniors who will be majoring in music education at an accredited
college or university.
- There will be one scholarship for choral, one for
one for orchestra that will be awarded to a string player. These
scholarships will be named in honor of Carmen Culp, Richard Merrell,
and Richard Miller in appreciation for their service to the membership
of District 12 and the music education profession.
- The amount of each scholarship will be $1000.00.
- The money will be sent directly to the college or
university at the completion of the first semester. A transcript of
first semester grades must be delivered to the District 12 Treasurer
- District 12 reserves the right to withhold any of the
scholarships if none of the candidates meet established criteria.
- Must show acceptance as a music education major at an
accredited college or university.
- Must have participated in a PMEA District 12 Band,
Orchestra, or Choral Festival.
- The applicant’s home school director must
be a current member of NAfME & PMEA.
- The application form may be found on the District 12
- The application will consist of:
- The online form found below
- A printed copy of the online form
- Recommendation of high school director
- Recommendation of high school principal
- A copy of your high school transcript
- Verification of acceptance for the study of music
education at an accredited college or university
- The deadline for returning applications is May 6, 2018.
- The District 12 Scholarship Committee will meet with
each candidate in the spring of the applicant’s senior year.
- The Scholarship Committee will present to the
Executive Board their recommendations at the spring meeting. Any
members of the Executive Committee whose own students are applicants
will be excused from the selection process.
- The award will be presented to the winners at his/her
own school during an appropriate ceremony, if possible.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED.